Office renovation involves significant changes in the way you work and operate every day.
While it helps take your office to the next level, it also means you will have to put up with some hassles for a few weeks. To begin with, there are some pre-renovation tasks you need to get done before the actual work begins.
This helps ease the strain once the dust settles after renovations. Remember that this period will be taxing on everyone, so be as thoughtful as possible and get everything sorted before you let contractors into your premises.
Also Discover: Why You Need an Office Renovation in Singapore?
So, how to prepare for a major office renovation in Singapore?
What to prepare before the renovation?
Here is a quick checklist of things you should take care of before renovations begin:
- Communicate with your team. Let people know about the renovation work and the impact it will have on their day-to-day work.
- Plan for physical workspace. Make arrangements for items and people affected by the renovation work.
- Prepare for digital transformation. Analyse the current state of your office and the way people work in that environment.
- Budget for renovations. Calculate the total renovation budget and make plans for funding.
- Finalise a renovation contractor. Pick a contractor, agree on their terms and conditions and finalise a timeline for the work.
- Identify a temporary workspace. If you will be temporarily relocating some of your team members, decide where they will be working from.
- Plan for an office closure. If your office is closed for renovations, make plans for how you will handle the work that needs to be done.
Discover more: What Do You Need to Consider before Starting an Office Renovation in Singapore?
What to do during the renovation?
Here is a checklist of things to take care of during the renovation work:
- Stay in constant communication with your contractor. Make sure they know what you expect from the renovation work and that you are available for feedback.
- Keep your team members informed. Let them know about any changes or disruptions in the renovation work. Let them know about any issues you are encountering or if the contractor is running behind schedule.
- Check for disruption in internet or Wi-Fi connectivity. If your internet connectivity or wifi service will be interrupted during the renovation work, make plans for alternatives.
- Use the downtime for strategic planning. Use the time when your office is closed for renovations for strategic planning. This includes planning for any potential upcoming projects, meetings, or events.
- Stay focused. You need to stay focused during this period as an office manager or business owner. Don’t let anything distract you from the task at hand.
What do You need to Do After the Renovation?
Here is a list of things you should take care of after the renovation work is completed:
- Hold a meeting to discuss feedback with your team members. Let them know how the renovation work went, what went well and what can be improved next time.
- Check if any equipment or furniture needs replacing. Identify any damaged equipment or furniture, and make plans to replace them.
- Hold a meeting to discuss the changes after renovation work. Let everyone know how the office has been transformed after the work is completed. Let team members know about any changes in the way things are done after the renovation work.
- Communicate with contractors. Stay in constant communication with the contractor who completed the renovation work. This will help smooth the transition back to normal office operations.
The Bottom Line
Office renovation helps take your office to the next level, but it also means you will have to put up with some hassles for a few weeks. Therefore, in order to have a successful office renovation, it is essential to consider following some checklist.
Need help with office renovation? You can always count on Greeen Pte Ltd. Contact us today to request a quote.